- About Us
- Labs & Expertise
- Get Involved
- Economic Impact
- News & Media
- Events & Opportunities
Oregon BEST Solar Energy Research Network
Faculty Expertise + Shared-User Research Labs
Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in solar energy research operate a unique network of shared-user lab facilities. This collaborative powerhouse of solar energy research tools and expertise helps Oregon solar energy companies compete worldwide, while giving Oregon a deep advantage when recruiting new solar energy firms.
By facilitating collaboration between our Member Faculty and industry partners, Oregon BEST helps advance research ranging from cutting-edge thin film technologies and materials to exploring how green roofs and solar panels benefit one another.
Funding from Oregon BEST has helped establish the following solar energy shared-user research labs:
- Photovoltaics Laboratory of the Oregon Support Network for Research and Innovation in Solar Energy (Oregon SuNRISE) at the University of Oregon
- Oregon Process Innovation Center (OPIC) for Sustainable Solar Cell Manufacturing at Oregon State University
- High Performance Environments (HiPE) Laboratory at the University of Oregon
The shared-user network's other centers and labs involved in solar energy research include:
- Solar Radiation Monitoring Laboratory
- Center for Inverse Design
- Center for Electron Microscopy and Nanofabrication
- Integrated Circuit Design and Testing Laboratory
- Advanced Device Modeling Group
Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in solar energy research include (see Best Researchers for specific areas of expertise):
Oregon State University
Portland State University
University of Oregon
J. David Cohen
OREGON BEST IN THE NEWS
Meet Our New Outreach & Engagement Mgr.12/03/2013
Gwenyth Barrow hired to help the regional cleantech community engage with Oregon BEST. More.
Meet our Four New Board Members11/26/2013
Oregon BEST adds Board members from industry, academia, and a national lab to leadership team. More.
Window Insert Maker Gets a Boost11/13/2013
Portland startup Indow Windows is getting a sales boost from paleo dieters who like to sleep in the dark. Read the Businessweek article.
Low-Energy Desalination System Advances10/31/2013
Oregon BEST grant helps startup team with OSU to advance desalination technology that could stem global water shortages. More.
Cutting Data Room Cooling Costs by 70%09/26/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant helps Oregon co. partner with City of Gresham, OSU, PDC to test new cooling system. More.