- About Us
- Labs & Expertise
- Get Involved
- Economic Impact
- News & Media
- Events & Opportunities
Oregon BEST Solar Energy Research Network
Faculty Expertise + Shared-User Research Labs
Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in solar energy research operate a unique network of shared-user lab facilities. This collaborative powerhouse of solar energy research tools and expertise helps Oregon solar energy companies compete worldwide, while giving Oregon a deep advantage when recruiting new solar energy firms.
By facilitating collaboration between our Member Faculty and industry partners, Oregon BEST helps advance research ranging from cutting-edge thin film technologies and materials to exploring how green roofs and solar panels benefit one another.
Funding from Oregon BEST has helped establish the following solar energy shared-user research labs:
- Photovoltaics Laboratory of the Oregon Support Network for Research and Innovation in Solar Energy (Oregon SuNRISE) at the University of Oregon
- Oregon Process Innovation Center (OPIC) for Sustainable Solar Cell Manufacturing at Oregon State University
- High Performance Environments (HiPE) Laboratory at the University of Oregon
The shared-user network's other centers and labs involved in solar energy research include:
- Solar Radiation Monitoring Laboratory
- Center for Inverse Design
- Center for Electron Microscopy and Nanofabrication
- Integrated Circuit Design and Testing Laboratory
- Advanced Device Modeling Group
Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in solar energy research include (see Best Researchers for specific areas of expertise):
Oregon State University
Portland State University
University of Oregon
J. David Cohen
OREGON BEST IN THE NEWS
Red List Design Finalists Named05/17/2013
Brewing Electricity from Wastewater05/15/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant helps company test microbial fuel cell that could clean wastewater, generate electricity, and reduce water usage at Widmer Bros. Brewery. More.
Grant Funds Solar-Activated Water Treatment04/17/2013
A floating, solar-activated device that can treat stormwater wins an Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant. More.
CSD Nano: Semi-Finalist at Angel Conference04/15/2013
Grant Funds Innovative Window Coating03/28/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant funds development of new window coating that could save millions on indoor lighting costs. More.