- About Us
- Labs & Expertise
- Get Involved
- Economic Impact
- News & Media
- Events & Opportunities
Oregon BEST Sustainable Built Environment Research Network
Faculty Expertise + Shared-User Research Facilities
Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in sustainable built environment research manage a statewide network of shared-user lab facilities. This combination of expertise and research tools is a valuable asset for Oregon's sustainable built environment industry, helping existing firms compete globally and attracting new firms to Oregon.
Oregon BEST facilitates collaboration between Oregon businesses and Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in research ranging from green roofs and solar awnings to sustainable building materials, energy efficient building design, eco-districts, and more.
The Oregon BEST Sustainable Built Environment Research Consortium is a regional group of member firms, organizations, and researchers collaborating on applied research, development, and commercialization of sustainable technologies and services for the sustainable built environment.
The Sustainable Built Environment Research Network, established with funding from Oregon BEST, include:
- Oregon BEST Green Building Research Laboratory at Portland State University
- Oregon BEST Green Building Materials Laboratory at Oregon State University
- Energy Studies in Buildings Laboratory with locations at the University of Oregon in Eugene and in Portland
- infraStructure Testing & Applied Research (iSTAR) Laboratory at Portland State University (see feature story on iSTAR)
- High Performance Environments (HiPE) Laboratory at the University of Oregon
Other university research facilities that are part of the Oregon BEST sustainable built environment shared-user network include:
- Composite Pilot Plant
- Mechanical Testing Facilities
- Knudson Wood Engineering Laboratory
- Environment Control Chambers
- O.H. Hinsdale Tsunami Wave Basin
- Green Roof/Photovoltaic Test Laboratory
- Green Roof Design & Testing Laboratory
- Baker Lighting Laboratory
- Active Facade & Building Integrated Photovoltaic Laboratory
- Green Classroom Toolbox Project Laboratory
- Geographic Information Systems Planning Laboratory
- Solar Radiation Monitoring Laboratory
OREGON BEST IN THE NEWS
Red List Design Finalists Named05/17/2013
Brewing Electricity from Wastewater05/15/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant helps company test microbial fuel cell that could clean wastewater, generate electricity, and reduce water usage at Widmer Bros. Brewery. More.
Grant Funds Solar-Activated Water Treatment04/17/2013
A floating, solar-activated device that can treat stormwater wins an Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant. More.
CSD Nano: Semi-Finalist at Angel Conference04/15/2013
Grant Funds Innovative Window Coating03/28/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant funds development of new window coating that could save millions on indoor lighting costs. More.