- About Us
- Labs & Expertise
- Get Involved
- Economic Impact
- News & Media
- Events & Opportunities
Oregon BEST Sustainable Built Environment Research Network
Faculty Expertise + Shared-User Research Facilities
Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in sustainable built environment research manage a statewide network of shared-user lab facilities. This combination of expertise and research tools is a valuable asset for Oregon's sustainable built environment industry, helping existing firms compete globally and attracting new firms to Oregon.
Oregon BEST facilitates collaboration between Oregon businesses and Oregon BEST Member Faculty engaged in research ranging from green roofs and solar awnings to sustainable building materials, energy efficient building design, eco-districts, and more.
The Oregon BEST Sustainable Built Environment Research Consortium is a regional group of member firms, organizations, and researchers collaborating on applied research, development, and commercialization of sustainable technologies and services for the sustainable built environment.
The Sustainable Built Environment Research Network, established with funding from Oregon BEST, include:
- Oregon BEST Green Building Research Laboratory at Portland State University
- Oregon BEST Green Building Materials Laboratory at Oregon State University
- Energy Studies in Buildings Laboratory with locations at the University of Oregon in Eugene and in Portland
- infraStructure Testing & Applied Research (iSTAR) Laboratory at Portland State University (see feature story on iSTAR)
- High Performance Environments (HiPE) Laboratory at the University of Oregon
Other university research facilities that are part of the Oregon BEST sustainable built environment shared-user network include:
- Composite Pilot Plant
- Mechanical Testing Facilities
- Knudson Wood Engineering Laboratory
- Environment Control Chambers
- O.H. Hinsdale Tsunami Wave Basin
- Green Roof/Photovoltaic Test Laboratory
- Green Roof Design & Testing Laboratory
- Baker Lighting Laboratory
- Active Facade & Building Integrated Photovoltaic Laboratory
- Green Classroom Toolbox Project Laboratory
- Geographic Information Systems Planning Laboratory
- Solar Radiation Monitoring Laboratory
OREGON BEST IN THE NEWS
Meet Our New Outreach & Engagement Mgr.12/03/2013
Gwenyth Barrow hired to help the regional cleantech community engage with Oregon BEST. More.
Meet our Four New Board Members11/26/2013
Oregon BEST adds Board members from industry, academia, and a national lab to leadership team. More.
Window Insert Maker Gets a Boost11/13/2013
Portland startup Indow Windows is getting a sales boost from paleo dieters who like to sleep in the dark. Read the Businessweek article.
Low-Energy Desalination System Advances10/31/2013
Oregon BEST grant helps startup team with OSU to advance desalination technology that could stem global water shortages. More.
Cutting Data Room Cooling Costs by 70%09/26/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant helps Oregon co. partner with City of Gresham, OSU, PDC to test new cooling system. More.