Cleantech Accelerator Open for Applications
March 27, 2018
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator, powered by Oregon BEST and CleanTech Alliance, has opened applications for its 2018 cohort. The business accelerator is seeking clean technology entrepreneurs and early-stage startups that want to speed their path to market with curriculum, mentorship and business connections. Applications close April 23, 2018.
Apply online at www.CascadiaCleanTech.org.
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is a business accelerator offering a 15-week program that delivers mentorship, curriculum, connections and funding opportunities designed specifically for early-stage cleantech startups.
“The curriculum is augmented by industry experts who can share both real world experience and connections,” said Harrison Kingrey of Res-Intel, part of the 2017 Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator cohort. “This combination of practical knowledge and networking opportunities creates a solid foundation for growth in the Pacific Northwest.”
Last year's winner, Sankofa Lumber (pictured above), is a commercial-scale supplier of reclaimed wood working to process, warehouse, and sell lumber that would otherwise be destined for the landfill. The venture is a spinout from City of Roses Disposal and Recycling.
Two New Curriculum Modules included in Program Benefits
The Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator program focuses on business modeling, customer discovery, product development, go-to-market strategy, financial planning, funding pathways and creating the industry connections needed to succeed. This year the Accelerator offers two new modules to the curriculum: cleantech manufacturing and environmental sustainability. If your startup will be producing a physical product or is exploring funders or customers wanting you to quantify your environmental impact, this program is for you!
Participating startups benefit from assigned business mentors and access to a deep bench of cleantech business leaders and subject matter experts from across the region. Each participating cleantech startup will receive:
- Mentorship. Match with cleantech industry mentors who have expertise tailored to your business needs. Mentors help with business planning, intellectual property protection, marketing, financing and more.
- Connections that make a difference. The CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST networks provide access to businesses, utilities, service providers and investors from across the region.
- Hands-on business and financing workshops. The workshops assist with business model creation, product development, market development and funding strategies.
- Customer discovery assistance. Get help connecting with potential partners and customers to hone your minimally viable product and go-to-market strategy.
- Visibility for your company and brand.Established CleanTech Alliance and Oregon BEST industry events, programs and marketing outreach provide top-level visibility with a targeted audience.
- Compete for non-dilutive funding. Accelerator teams will compete for cash (three prizes totaling $10,000 or more), in-kind prizes, and up to $25,000 for prototyping or proof of concept projects.
- Specialized cleantech skill-building. The curriculum is designed uniquely for cleantech companies, with lessons on cleantech funding pathways, manufacturing, and planning and marketing sustainability.
The 2018 Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator program will run from May through September. Applications close April 23, 2018. Learn more at www.CascadiaCleanTech.org.