REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: SBIR/STTR Grant Writing Assistance Project
February 16, 2017
Oregon BEST is seeking proposals related to its SBIR/STTR Support Center activities funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration and in part by Oregon BEST. The overall program provides consulting, grant writing and administrative assistance to small businesses in Oregon that are seeking funding from federal agencies under their SBIR/STTR programs. This RFP is specific to a project to deliver hands-on grant writing assistance to individual companies preparing SBIR/STTR proposals.
The scope of work includes the following:
- Provide hands-on grant writing consulting, drafting, editing and/or review for 4 companies developing Phase 1 proposals or 2 companies developing Phase 1 proposals and 1 company developing a Phase 2 proposal. Companies to be selected by Oregon BEST.
- For Phase 1 proposals, assistance should include approximately 20 hours of support.
- For Phase 2 propoals, assistance should include approximately 40 hours of support.
- Assistance should include the following:
a) how to structure an R&D project to fit the guidelines for Phase 1 or Phase 2
b) critical success factors in proposal development,
c) tips and techniques for compelling SBIR/STTR grant proposal writing,
d) how to build a credible technical team and select a qualified principal investigator,
e) elements of a proposal,
f) important areas of emphasis,
g) how to construct a budget,
h) how to develop and illustrate a schedule,
i) how to register the company for proposal submission
j) assistance in drafting/editing/reviewing the proposal
k) assistance in identifying and engaging pre-submission reviewers
Qualifications of the Applicant:
The successful applicant will have the following general qualifications:
- Applicant could be an individual or a business
- Extensive knowledge and experience related to the SBIR/STTR program
- Experience in structuring research and development projects
- Experience in structuring, writing, and editing SBIR/STTR proposals
- Experience in developing presentation materials and delivering SBIR/STTR educational content
- Applicant should have demonstrable tools and templates available to support this project
Term of the Assignment:
This project will begin on April 1, 2017 and will end on October 1, 2017 with specific scheduling of tasks to be mutually agreed between selected entity and Oregon BEST.
Facilities and Tools:
Oregon BEST will not provide any facilities or tools (e.g. computer equipment) with the exception of making conference rooms available for meetings that are related to executing the project activities.
Applicants should submit a proposal in PDF format that contains the following information:
- Applicant name and contact information
- Description of qualifications with emphasis on qualifications that are relevant to the scope of work
- Fixed fee proposal that is responsive to the Scope of Work described above
Budget and Financial Arrangements:
- Contract to be structured as a fixed fee project.
- Selected entity to be compensated monthly based on actual work done in the prior month.
Submit proposals to Johanna Brickman, Director of Collaborative Innovation at Oregon BEST. Her contact information is 503 313 4507 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close Date for Proposals: 3/16/2017