REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: SBIR/STTR Training Project
February 16, 2017
Oregon BEST is seeking proposals related to its SBIR/STTR Support Center activities funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration and in part by Oregon BEST. The overall program provides consulting, grant writing and administrative assistance to small businesses in Oregon that are seeking funding from federal agencies under their SBIR/STTR programs. This RFP is specific to a project to deliver a series of grant writing workshops to a selected cohort of companies that are preparing to submit SBIR/STTR proposals.
The scope of work includes the following:
Deliver a structured training program to a cohort of 10-12 companies. The training program will consist of a series of 3-5 online interactive training sessions designed to help companies prepare to write a Phase 1 SBIR or STTR proposal. In addition to the interactive training sessions, the series will include use of a structured curriculum with assignments to be undertaken by the company participants which will be reviewed by the instructor to provide feedback to the participants. Typical topic areas would include:
a) how to structure an R&D project to fit the guidelines for Phase 1 and Phase 2
b) how to evaluate agencies, funding opportunities and topics
c) critical success factors in proposal development,
d) tips and techniques for compelling SBIR/STTR grant proposal writing,
e) how to build a credible technical team and select a qualified principal investigator,
f) elements of a proposal,
g) important areas of emphasis,
h) how to construct a budget,
i) how to develop and illustrate a schedule,
j) how to register the company for proposal submission
The workshop series should be genarally designed to assist companies developing proposals for any agency but should provide some specific information on proposals to USDA, NSF, DOE and EPA.
Qualifications of the Applicant:
The succesful applicant will have the following general qualifications:
- Applicant could be an individual or a business
- Extensive knowledge and experience related to the SBIR/STTR program
- Experience in structuring research and development projects
- Experience in structuring, writing, and editing SBIR/STTR proposals
- Experience in developing presentation materials and delivering SBIR/STTR educational content
- Applicant should have demonstrable curricular material available to support this project
Term of the Assignment:
This workshop series will be delivered between June 15, 2017 and July 31, 2017 with specific scheduling of events to be mutually agreed between selected entity and Oregon BEST.
Facilities and Tools:
Oregon BEST will not provide any facilities or tools (e.g. computer equipment) with the exception of making conference rooms available for meetings that are related to executing the project activities.
Applicants should submit a proposal in PDF format that contains the following information:
- Applicant name and contact information
- Description of qualifications with emphasis on qualifications that are relevant to the scope of work
- Fixed fee proposal that is responsive to the Scope of Work described
Budget and Financial Arrangements:
- Contract to be structured as a fixed fee project.
- Selected entity to be compensated 50% upon contract execution and 50% upon completion of the workshop series.
Submit proposals to Johanna Brickman, Director of Collaborative Innovation at Oregon BEST. Her contact information is 503 313 4507 and email@example.com.
Close Date for Proposals: 3/16/2017