- About Us
- Labs & Expertise
- Get Involved
- Economic Impact
- News & Media
- Events & Opportunities
Oregon BEST Commercialization Grants
Oregon BEST Commercialization Grants are awarded based on a compelling potential to grow the cleantech economy in Oregon. Grant proposals will be evaluated by Oregon BEST staff, recommended by the Oregon BEST Commercialization Advisory Board, and approved by the Oregon BEST Board of Directors. Proposals will be evaluated based on a number of selection criteria including the following:
- potential to expand the base of leading-edge cleantech research in the Oregon University System
- potential to result in novel cleantech products or services
- potential to create a new cleantech company in Oregon
- potential to grow the base of cleantech jobs within existing Oregon companies
- the uniqueness and viability of the technology and/or the application
- the size, growth and timing of the market for the innovation
- the potential for acquiring defensible intellectual property
- the potential for establishing and maintaining technical and commercial differentiation
- the ability for the grant to propel the recipient to an important developmental milestone
Eligible projects must be a collaboration between a small business in Oregon and one or more of the Oregon BEST partner universities – the Oregon Institute of Technology, Oregon State University, Portland State University, and the University of Oregon. Grant proposals must be submitted by one or more members of Oregon BEST Member Faculty (the “University Partner”) in collaboration with an Oregon-based small business (the “Commercialization Partner”).
Applying for an Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant
Additional information, including the latest program description, program guidelines, overview of available grant funds, and application instructions, are available in the Guidelines and Application Process document. Please download and include the Proposal Cover Page as the cover page to your application
OREGON BEST IN THE NEWS
Red List Design Finalists Named05/17/2013
Brewing Electricity from Wastewater05/15/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant helps company test microbial fuel cell that could clean wastewater, generate electricity, and reduce water usage at Widmer Bros. Brewery. More.
Grant Funds Solar-Activated Water Treatment04/17/2013
A floating, solar-activated device that can treat stormwater wins an Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant. More.
CSD Nano: Semi-Finalist at Angel Conference04/15/2013
Grant Funds Innovative Window Coating03/28/2013
An Oregon BEST Commercialization Grant funds development of new window coating that could save millions on indoor lighting costs. More.